uTalk might be muted, because your phone or tablet is set to mute, or the volume is turned all the way down.
If you have uTalk 2.05 or newer (From December 2017 onwards), you won't need to unmute your device for uTalk to make a sound. You will need to make sure your volume is turned up.
If you can't hear any sound, please try the following:
- Unmute your device. If your device has a physical mute switch (like a switch on the side of your phone or tablet), unmute it by sliding the switch in the opposite direction and try again.
- If it doesn't have a physical mute switch, look for the 'unmute' option in your settings.
- On Apple devices, slide your finger up from the bottom edge of the screen, then check the mute setting (see screenshot)
- On Android devices, slide your finger down from the top edge of the screen, then check the volume / mute setting
- Turn up the volume on the device by pressing either the volume up button on the side of your device, or by increasing the volume on screen.