We understand this must be very frustrating and here's some things which might help.
uTalk might be muted either because your phone or tablet is set to mute or because the volume is turned all the way down.
1) So, if your device has a physical mute switch (like a switch on the side of your phone or tablet), please double check it's not muted by sliding the switch in the opposite direction to the one it's in now and try using the app again.
2) if it doesn't have a physical mute switch, look for the 'unmute' option in your settings:
- On Apple devices, slide your finger up from the bottom edge of the screen, then check the mute setting (see screenshot at bottom of page).
- On Android devices, slide your finger down from the top edge of the screen, then check the volume / mute setting.
- Next turn up the volume on the device by pressing either the volume up button on the side of your device, or by increasing the volume on screen.
Note: If you have uTalk 2.05 or newer (From December 2017 onwards), you won't need to unmute your device for uTalk to make a sound. You will need to make sure your volume is turned up.
If these steps don't work please contact our friendly tech guys at firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!